Stress is an unpleasant part of life, and it is often hard to cope with it’s magnitude when it happens everyday. It is something we all experience from time to time and we all have to find a way to manage it. You might even have some great stress busters you already use. Nevertheless, if you are looking for some ideas to help you, check out these:
10 stress busting ideas to help you cope better.
- Time management– One of the major reasons we stress is because there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything finished. Therefore, you need to prioritize the things you need done and do those things first. The less important tasks can wait. However, do not procrastinate. You have to get through the unpleasant things to get to the fun stuff.
- Learn to say no – Stress happens when we take on more tasks than we can reasonably accomplish. So sometimes, you just have to say no. If you cannot say no, then you need to be able to delegate that work to someone else, or at least a portion of it. Do not be shy about asking for help on the job or at home. When you health is involved, you must take action to preserve your well-being.
- Accept changes – Change is a part of life. Does not matter how frustrating it is, or why. No one really likes change, but it is something we all have to deal with. If you can accept it instead of stressing, then you will stop the stress before it even begins. Acceptance is often hard, however, if you can do something about it, do it. If you cannot change or do anything about the change, you should accept it.
- Avoid conflict – Being argumentative just leads to more stress and anger. Rather than argue, look for compromise and solutions with people. Put yourself into win-win situations. Remember that we are all human, and the more you argue, the situation turns into more frustration and stress.
- Live a healthy lifestyle – Diet, exercise, and sleep are all important to being able to manage stressful situations without having a total meltdown. Physical activity causes a biochemical response to help you work off stress. Partaking in relaxation techniques will help you combat stress.
- Figure out the cause of your stress – Sometimes we just do not seem to know what could be stressing us out. Stop and look at what is happening or what changed and figure out a way to turn things around.
- Make time for friends – Sometimes just letting loose with your friends is just what the doctor ordered and it can really reduce the stress you are feeling. You can often have a good laugh and recharge that immune system which needs a boost during stressful times.
- Look at life in a more positive manner – If something is stressing you out try looking at it from another angle. Talk to someone about what has been bothering you. Often this can give you a different perspective and you might find you are less stressed about the situation. Again, if it can be changed, change it. If it cannot be change, accept it and look at a better way to confront it.
- Take time for yourself – Just a little time to recharge your batteries with rest and relaxation will help you. Do a little pampering. Just taking a 10/15 minute break during work every hour will calm you down and get you working more effectively.
- Do not use outside stimulants to de-stress yourself – Alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine are not the answer in stressful situations and often can cause you more stress. Nicotine and caffeine are stimulants and alcohol can cause depression. Therefore, all of this can lead to anxiety and stress so do not fall back on these things.
You will never be able to be without some stress within your life, but you can make it not so much an everyday occurrence with these ten tips mentioned above to help you cope with it.